[Community] OSLC RM - meetings during July

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jul 10 10:32:05 EDT 2009

Hello Steve,
thanks for putting me straight - i misread the intent in the examples of
the use of rdf:resource.

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational

From:
Steve K Speicher <sspeiche at us.ibm.com>
To:
Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB
Cc:
Andreas.Keis at eads.net, Andrew J Berner <ajberner at us.ibm.com>,
Brenda.Ellis at ngc.com, Chris Mcgraw/UK/IBM at IBMGB, community
<community at open-services.net>, david.ruiz at ravenflow.com, Dominic
Tulley/UK/IBM at IBMGB, George DeCandio <decandio at us.ibm.com>, Ken
Jackson/UK/IBM at IBMGB, Pratik Shah <ppshah at us.ibm.com>,
rainer.ersch at siemens.com, randy.e.vogel at accenture.com, Simon Wills
<simon.wills at integrate.biz>, Sky Matthews <sky at us.ibm.com>,
srinivasan.renganathan at citi.com, Steve Abrams <sabrams at us.ibm.com>
Date:
10/07/2009 14:35
Re: [Community] OSLC RM - meetings during July

ian.green at uk.ibm.com wrote on 07/09/2009 02:34:49 PM:

>  An alternative is to separate the requirement representation from
> the resources to which it is related, as the CM specification does. (See

> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmRestApiV1?
> sortcol=table;up=#Managing_multi_valued_properties.)   So the
> requirement could indicate the presence of a group of links
> (collected by type?).
>
> In the CM approach links are not first-class in the resource model -
> i can't GET a link, nor can I DELETE one: they are not resources.

Ian,

In CM, these links are resources and can be deleted.  They are just quite
light weight, the are resources that only have properties such as a label
and a URL to the resource they represent.  We didn't expand on the
construct as it followed typical REST semantics.  We introduced the
collref attribute to identify URL that represent a collection of
resources, so consumers will know that collection semantics apply: knowing
that GET'ing the URL from collref will result in a feed/collection of
resources.  Then those resources can be GET, PUT, DELETE, etc.