[Community] OSLC Logo

Scott Bosworth bosworth at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 8 12:56:27 EDT 2009

There have been several suggestions that we create a logo for OSLC that can
be used in references from web sites and OSLC implementations (e.g. the
Eclipse Mylyn OSLC-CM client). Kimberley Peter and Susan Smith of IBM's
Toronto Design Studio kindly volunteered their talents to brainstorming
several themes and then refining those into two options.

The links below point to different treatments/renderings of the two logos
that could be used in different media forms (e.g. web, color print, black
and white print, etc.) and to some mockups of the open-services.net home
page with the examples of the alternative logos included.  We intend to
make a final decision in the coming week or so and appreciate your
feedback. Please take a look and if you have any input you'd like to share
-- positive or negative, logo preference, color preferences, etc.  -- post
it back here or send it to me directly at bosworth at us.ibm.com by Friday,
July 10.

Option 1: Plays off of the "O" in "OSLC" and emphasizes the idea of loosely
coupled interactions.
renderings: http://open-services.net/preview/aperture3.pdf.
in context: http://open-services.net/preview/aperture-in-context2.png.

Option 2: Inspired by the OSLC ambition of creating new possibilities and
the incremental nature of OSLC efforts.
renderings: http://open-services.net/preview/Coil3.pdf.
in context: http://open-services.net/preview/coil-in-context.png.

Hopefully this is a bit of a fun respite from the rigors of scenario and
spec authoring!

Thanks...Scott

Scott Bosworth | IBM Rational CTO Team | bosworth at us.ibm.com | 919.486.2197
(w) | 919.244.3387(m) | 919.254.5271(f)